In need of some ideas

minn-1

I have a 210 gallon tank and I want to stock it with african cichlids. I need some ideas on what I can use for hiding spots, etc. Also my tank is 30" deep making it hard to set up stuff at the bottom. Is there anything out there that could be put together making it easier to reach. Thanks in advance.

When I had my african tank up all I used for hiding spots was large field rocks that I piled up along the back of the tank. I put the rocks in first and then the sand, that way when they started digging nothing fell over.

As far as reaching into the tank to do work on it I can suggest a swim suit and diving board or you can use a small step ladder to stand on and bend over into the tank. LFS also have all kinds of gadgets for grabbing, planting, and placing things in the tank.

When I had my african tank up all I used for hiding spots was large field rocks that I piled up along the back of the tank. I put the rocks in first and then the sand, that way when they started digging nothing fell over.

As far as reaching into the tank to do work on it I can suggest a swim suit and diving board or you can use a small step ladder to stand on and bend over into the tank. LFS also have all kinds of gadgets for grabbing, planting, and placing things in the tank.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep my eyes open for some rocks or maybe go and buy a wet suite....lol

You should check out "soliver" posting, she has a pretty nice 230 setup for her cichlids!

I would like to check that but i am new here, not sure how to find this person....help...lol

Click onto members on the top right hand side of the page and print in the name. It should take you rite to that member.

You should check out "soliver" posting, she has a pretty nice 230 setup for her cichlids!

I would like to check that but i am new here, not sure how to find this person....help...lol

Click onto members on the top right hand side of the page and print in the name. It should take you rite to that member.

found it. thanks so much