A New Age of AA

Tanker

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have been involved with Alberta Aquatica for several years, originally being the member responsible for getting us off the Version 1.3 board and into the second generation of software, and then steadily maintaining the forum to it's present Version of 2.3.6

Well, it's time for a change.

?? What ?? You think 'I' am the change? Heck no!

About 3 months ago the software company that we license the board from (Invision Power Servcies) updated to Version 3. They have had a few months and tens of thousands of clients install the software and I would safely guess that the bugs are worked out. So we will be upgrading, too.

For the most part you will notice the changes. There is an updated look, the buttons are all in different places, and it will take a minor adjustment spanning about 38 seconds for most people to get used to it. The important parts will not be the changes to the way the software looks on your screen; it's all very different on the 'back side' and 'how' it operates. Upgrading to Verison 3 will give us more features in layout and forum organization, user groups, rankings and a 'member reputation' feature I am REALLY excited about (in response to many, many requests over the years).

To facilitate the change, the forum will be offline during the conversion which should be completed in a matter of a few hours.

When will all of this happen?? Somewhere near the end of December, 2009. The Christmas break is typically a quiet time on the forum and I have a bit of free time booked off work during that period.

So why the long period of warning? I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see it, and there are fewer surprises, later.

Enjoy,

Chris