water conditions for tiger shrimp

Cory K

i have searched around the web and no big suprise found found alot of different information on the kh gh of tiger shrimp.

im fairly new to shrimp as in about 6 months and so fair have had great luck with most of my inverts but no luck with crs but strangely i bought some black diamond and am housing them in my red cherry tank and am so far having luck, with the one female i got now berried for about 2 weeks and no egg drops.

but back to the tiger shrimp. i impulse bought the only two the lfs had for cheaper thean any other shrimp ive got and want them to do well and from what i can tell theres a males and female although the dark colour is making it hard to be for sure on the 'saddle' but i beleive my water isn't of proper quality a it is 7.8 gh and 5.58 kh with a 8 ish ph and there are housed with my diamonds and i have concerns over hybrid shrimp and from what i has read that generaly a bad thing with the caridina .

if you know anything plaese let me know, and thank you for taking your time to read this.

Regards - Cory

Good luck with your shrimp! I don't know the answers but knowing where to look is half the battle.

There are a number of forums suggested on this thread that may be able to help you answer some of your questions.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/shrimp-o...imp-forums.html

Also, I use this site to check for crossbreeding:

http://www.crustaforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=66