New Products at Big Al's

dikspence

I was at Big Al's here in Edmonton a few weeks back and I was talking to Damian (I think that was his name) about a new planted tank I am planning on setting up. He was super excited about some new Red Sea products that were on order. Well I was in again yesturday and happened to mention the new products to him again. He got even more excited because the items had come in just that morning, he was actually codeing them into the computer when I showed up.

The 3 products that he was showing me were a CO2 system simmilar to the Nutrafin kit. A continous CO2 monitor, and substrate heating coils called "Root Therm". I ended up buying the Root Therm kit only to find out that it was the 40W 100gal version (I wanted the other 20W 40gal version). In total he said that they had 4 of the 100gal kits in stock including the one that I got. I payed $89.99 for the 40W 100gal and at that price they arn't going to last very long I don't think.

The information on the box is as follows:

Substrate heating system for aquatic plants

The warmth provided by the Root Therm results in a gentle water circulation throughout the substrate, supplying the roots with the nutrients they require for optimum plant growth. Root Therm should be used in conjunction with a regular aquarium heater-thermostat th heat the water.

Root Therm 160

Heating Cable - 20W - 3M/10ft

Cable Anchor - 10 units

Suction Cups - 10 units

24V Transformer - 20W

Suitable for Aquarium - 160 liters/40gal

Root Therm 400

Heating Cable - 40W - 5M/16.4ft

Cable Anchor - 12 units

Suction Cups - 12 units

24V Transformer - 40W

Suitable for Aquarium - 400 liters/100gal

I thought that there would be a few people interested in these new products so I decided to pass the information along. The best part of the whole deal is the price. Less that a hundred bucks for heating coils. I couldn't find the Dupla coils for less than 2-3 hundred.