Copper Ionization Water Systems

Jewel

Just wondering....

We have a copper ionization system in our home and I believe it is fine for our fish, so far as I have been told. The unit treats all of the water coming into our home.

I was poking through some old posts and realized we have a number of established "chemists" here so I would like to know if there is anything I should be aware of or watch out for. Is there any suplements I should be adding to the water? Is there any adverse effects of using the water?

Lol, I am sure it is fine, the tank has been running with this water for 2 1/2 years now and it has always been very low matenece with nice clear water. I use prime and a PH buffer for our cichlid tank. smile.gif I am not really knowledgeable when it comes to the system, the other half ordered and had it installed when we moved in, that was his job! I just know "all of the bad stuff gets zapped and the good stuff stays in the water", according to Shane.

Edited by Jewel

I just PMed a person on another site that is a Chemist and hope to get a response soon for you

Thanks! It's surprisingly hard to get any info about the system other than the basics, but the water tastes good! lol, I look forward to reading the info you get.

Dani