Tiger Barb compatability

arixonbarnes

The nine Tiger Barbs (about 1&1/4 to 1&1/2") in the school tank (which I stock and maintain will consume all your Cherry Shrimp even the large females (about 1"). As well I put five male guppies in last Friday (they were all about an inch plus long). I then went and did some other stuff and returned to find the guppies with only their heads and gills sticking out of the mouths of five of the Tiger Barbs. They do get along with the Columbian tetras but were a bit pushy with the four 1&1/4" Bristlenose cats and were picking at them for a while but between the Bristlenose attitude and their spines the barbs left them alone. They also get along with the Flying Fox and the Siamese Algae Eater. They were getting along with the three Buenos Aires tetras until I pulled the tetras (as they were eating my Vals and Sags - thanks TOM!!!). I guess the lesson learned is if they are not bigger than the barbs don't put them together.