New 30 Gallon Nano Tank Journal

Vitaminz

So my Ultrabright CREE Q5 LED's came in the other day....yahhhhh....

008.jpg

So my first task was finding an enclosure for this....spend alot of time looking for this, but found it at Princess Auto:

006.jpg

So I placed some foam in the bottom and place the LED and Heat sink in, just barely fit....

010.jpg

This one is the bottom view with the diffusor in:

011.jpg

All Done with the connectors, now to place everything inside:

015.jpg

Now connected all my lead to a 12v power source and viloa, we have light!

017.jpg

Placed some glass that I had kicking around, on top of my existing light:

018.jpg

Now Placing the boxes on top of the glass:

020.jpg

So here is what the tank looks light with only the LED's on:

022.jpg

Not to shabby with just 2 LED's...hehehehe Here is a pics with all the lights turned on:

023.jpg

I got these LED from http://www.leddna.com/

Kind of want to but a couple more....When I have the money of course....2 of them came to $29.00 US, with free shipping.

I am glad you finally decided to get your feet wet, so to speak...lol And because my little nano is doing so well, my wife is jealous and wants me to convert over my home tanks to salt water....*evil grin* my plan finally worked.....

And yes that is cyano-algae....my clean up crew all died....came into my office one day, and one of the seals on my canister filter broke, lost about 10 gallons of water...grrrr. In the process of procuring some new clean up crew that will take care of that for me.

As for the contacting in the future, I have no issues with that, I will help out when ever I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank Update 9-1-2010

Thought it about time to update tank pictures, just replaced my 150w 20k MH bulb, that one hurt the pocket book.....You know what I will have to admit that I was always a fan of never replacing a bulb unless it was burnt out....But after today, I was proven wrong....what a difference.... And of course I had to do the smart thing and take down the light to replace the bulb and had to test to make sure it worked, before putting it all back together.......yeah we can all guess what happened....it worked!!! Still seeing spots.... Atleast I marked the date I changed it on the box with the old bulb, that way I don't second guess when I changed it. Yeah I have my moments, but who doesn't??? lol

TankUpdate09012010001.jpg

TankUpdate09012010016.jpg

TankUpdate09012010015.jpg

TankUpdate09012010003.jpg

TankUpdate09012010002.jpg

TankUpdate09012010004.jpg

TankUpdate09012010005.jpg

TankUpdate09012010009.jpg

TankUpdate09012010012.jpg

Do you have to re acclimatize the corals as the intensity is so much stronger? The new lights bleached out some of the coraline algae.

You do have to re-acclimatize the corals, yesterday, today and friday, i will leave the lights on for only 4 hours. Over the long weekend, I will leave them on for 6 hours. Then after that back to the 8 hour schedule.

• 2 weeks later...