Slowly, patiently coming together

So, seeing a request on the status of my fishkeeping in my intro thread, thought I'd copy over a few posts I made on CAC. So if you've read it there, ignore this thread. :)

I got some plants from a CAS member, as well as a pump to power a full manifold that I am trying out. It is actually a medical piston pump (Medo 5102), and then I filled a 5!

haha! no fishies yet, but 3 tanks up and running, one with plants. Hopefully my brine shrimp and the rest of my order from MOPS.ca arrives this week and I will be on the hunt for some occupants!

Stil hoping for some killie eggs, and my wife confirmed she would like to see some angels, so I do have a path forward planned!

Going to put in 2 50s on the bottom rack, then 5 20s up top. middle rack will be for killies and random tanks (small breeding tanks).

I am spending all my allowance that I have saved up for years though! haha

90% finished my manifold last night. Would have had it all finished, but I went golfing yesterday afternoon with an old friend who was visiting from Toronto. (for the golfers out there, was a rough game. First two holes I quadded. then went par/bogey/par/bogey... that kind of game).

About 10:30 last night, I just plain ran out of gas so will finish it tonight.

Taking pictures as I go, and will post them later.

My MOPS.ca order is going to be here on Thursday! Very excited about that. Especially wanting to see what kind of hatch rates I get out of the brine shrimp eggs I bought from them.

Made a deal last night with Ray from aquatics for 5 20 gal, and 2 50s, so glass buying is just about over.... counting little show tanks that I might run small killies in I will be up to 12-14 tanks before I even have a fishie!

The 10 gallon and 30 gallon tanks are cycling, and smelling quite ripe! I am thinking this is good. Beneficial bacteria food! Going to read the post on fishless tank cycling to see if I am doing this right (was just doing it by memory. - add old filters, some plants, heat and light. see what happens! haha!)

And....

Bought my first fishies! Again from Ray - a group of Bolivian Rams. That is a group that I always struggled to spawn, so is on my 'bucket list' of species that I want to succesfully spawn. (Don't know why. I have spawned much more difficult species. I think I just never put the effort in). It reminded me also of a fish on my 'bucket list' that I am going to spawn, just because they gave me so much grief. Featherfin rainbows. The problem with them of course was not the spawning, but the raising. I could never get enough infusoria in to their bellies in that critical first week. Poor little things starved to death. about a zillion of them.

Just a reminder, I am off to Edmonton on Friday morning if anyone needs anything taken there, or brought back (back on Sunday).

Dan