Brine Shrimp

ATM

There are probably multiple stores that have brine shrimp eggs.

Some of the things that you ahve to be careful about though, is the quantity and quality of them. How old are the eggs? have they been properly stored? (most folks recommend they be stored in a fridge, some say a freezer, don't store at room temperature is pretty much a given to avoid as it will seriously cut down the hatch rate)

How much brine shrimp do you intend to feed?

I just bought a full pound from here.

http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/grade-brine-shrimp-eggs-p-5612.html?osCsid=ch6sni3lerufrmtaccvaka5r70

but I feed brine shrimp every day, and quite a bit.

here is a picture or two of home made brine shrimp hatchery that is pretty similar to the one most people are likely to make.

it's a 2 litre coke bottle

Picture004.jpg

Picture019.jpg

I use roughly a tablespoon and a half of rock salt (same salt I use in my soft water conditioner) and about a 1/2 teaspoon of brine shrimp eggs.

The light keeps them warm, must circulate constantly, and I feed them ALL out every 24 hours. I probably change the water once a week.

There are probably a lot of good sources of home made brine shrimp hatcheries available on the net.

Hope that helps!

Dan