how many flowrate do i need?????

denzkyasia

my overflow kit is rated to 1500 GPH .my tank is 90 gallons.my diy sump is 30 gallons..my question is?i need to purchase a motor what flowrate minimum and maximum that doesnt causes a problem like overflowing(by the way i make my water output with a pvc ball valve,to control or stop flowing and my input too.)i need a specific value for flowrate?thank you

Depends, anything under 1500 gph so as to not suck the overflow. How many times you want to turn over the tank an hour X 90. Keep in mind the rated pump value is for zero head (head is the height of rise from water level to water level)so you will need to get one that is rated much higher than the answer you got above and get a pump curve rating for that pump to see if your close.

Clear as mud?

Edited by medhatnoobee

Depends, anything under 1500 gph so as to not suck the overflow. How many times you want to turn over the tank an hour X 90. Keep in mind the rated pump value is for zero head (head is the height of rise from water level to water level)so you will need to get one that is rated much higher than the answer you got above and get a pump curve rating for that pump to see if your close.

Clear as mud? I want to get like the flowrate is 1800 gph so this enough or need more higher?could you make as simple

that i could really understand about your statement that you said:how many times to turn over the tank an hour x90?i really appreciate it because its not enough my information about water cycle.

Edited by denzkyasia

I want to get like the flowrate is 1800 gph so this enough or need more higher?could you make as simple

that i could really understand about your statement that you said:how many times to turn over the tank an hour x90?i really appreciate it because its not enough my information about water cycle.

I imagine you want to cycle your 90 gal tank about 10 times in one hour (=900 gph), your overflow is rated at 1500 gph so if you buy a pump rated at 1800 gph your over flow won't be able to keep up...

Most pump ratings on the box are max with no head pressure, so a pump rated at 1800 gph is if the pump is at the same level of the water exiting the pump....if you have your pump on the same level as the floor and the top of your tank is one meter high you need to read what the pump output is at one meter of head pressure (900 gph?)... for example if you look at the chart on the link below you can see that the 1262 is rated at 40 lpm with a one metre head, about 23 lpm with a 2m head and the max head pressure rating is 3.5m for that pump.

http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/index9b2d.html?key=liniendetail_27591_ehen

I hope that helps you a bit...