Loach/Botia compadability

Chopperman

Has anyone experienced any problems having clown loaches and red tailed botias? Im thinking of combining 5 - 4 inch clowns with 2 - 5 inch botias they would inhabitate my 50 gallon. Thanks

I have 4 clowns and 5 botia in a 230 with no problems. I think 50 gallon might be to small.

Has anyone experienced any problems having clown loaches and red tailed botias? Im thinking of combining 5 - 4 inch clowns with 2 - 5 inch botias they would inhabitate my 50 gallon. Thanks

I have 4 clowns and 5 botia in a 230 with no problems. I think 50 gallon might be to small.

I would have to agree that a 50g is too small for the clown's. I have 10 clowns, 10 bermese, 10 striata in a 170g no issues. Have you thought about straiata's, bermese, skunk, chain loaches? They stay smaller and would do better in a 50g.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya thats what I thought too. I need a bigger tank to keep these ones. Im downsizing from 5 Tanks to hopefully 2 maybe I should just find a 100 gallon to go with my 72 gallon. Thanks for the input though I really appreciate it.

Adam