My Planted 90G

Crystal

Here is my largest tank.

A 90g planted tank. Unfortunately, I am terrible at remembering the plant names, but there there are java ferns, several varieties of crypts, a lot of pygmy chain, 2 kinds of hygro, limnophilia?, hardy water lily, a miniture lily that spreads by runners, rose sword (it has bloomed twice), vals, diva duckweed (I keep a few on top as they go nuts before algae has a chance), and a couple of others. There is co2 so the plants think they are weeds...

I originally had a breeding pair of red jewels and a pair of albino BN plecos, it actually worked very well - once I put some rocks on top of the sword roots as that was the only place the jewels wanted to dig. I just wanted more fish, so I removed the jewels and decided to create a mixed community.

The fish: 8 red rams, 5 neon rainbows (originally 12), 2 SAE, 3 albino BN plecos, 1 angel fish, some livebearers, 24 pygmy cories, a pair of keyhole cichilds (soon to have their own 20g), 8 gold mountain cloud minnows, and a lot of normal Mountain cloud minnows. Oh, and a few million MTS to keep the substrate clean and eat rotting plant debris.

What a difference in the first six months... Most of the photos are from today, just did a major pruning, so plants aren't at their best. My picture skills aren't the best either... :blush:

January 2010 (just a pair of red jewels and the plecos)

90gtankjan262010.jpg

July 2010 (rams, angels, SAE, and the plecos)

plantedJuly2010.jpg

January 3 2011:

Full tank view

Jan20116.jpg

mini lily (leaves are about 3" long)

Jan20113.jpg

Jan201113.jpg

one of the runners

Jan20117.jpg

Red ram

Jan20115.jpg

Keyhole with red ram

Jan20114.jpg

Angelfish

Jan20112.jpg

Pygmy cory

Jan201116.jpg

Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish

Jan201117.jpg

Swordtail (got these at the auction - would love to find out who sold them, I would like to get more)

Jan2011.jpg

Mountain cloud minnows (Who says these guys are boring? My males are almost pure black! The gold morph adds some contrast)

Jan201110.jpg

Jan201111.jpg

Feeding time

Jan201112.jpg

And to think it started out as a saltwater tank...

DSC01327Large.jpg

Amazing! That is a community tank! I'm googling the Mountain Cloud Minnows as I type. Boring? I certainly don't think so! The mini lilys from below add a very natural touch. Very happy plants and fish.