Wondering About Lighting

kimmi7

Ok so I am getting a older tank for free tonight and after I have resealed it, I want to make it planted like my bow front 36gl. Only thing is it doesnt come with a lid or lights. So i have been reading on here about different lights and such. I think I am going to go with the canadian tire, t8 fixture, but as I am renting right now am wondering how would be the best way to hang it or putting it on top. Or in the long run would it be worth my money to just buy a lid/light set up from a lfs???? Also I am not 100% sure on the size of the tank but they said it was 3 feet long, going to pick it up soon. Any help would be great, thinkning on harty easy modrate light plants/ moss

buy t5ho and you will need pressurized co2...look at the lighting guide i posted...

buy the t8's...get a four bulb fixture....search for a diy to hang them...good spread but still low light...no co2 needed..

make it easy for yourself and save some money its a win win...

When you decide you like growing plants and want more of a challenge then move to more light..