Need Help With Sump/plumbing

Over the past weekend, I finally got the sump started up on a 120 gal used reef system I purchased. I've had one issue after another for more than a week now in getting this system set up due to missing parts, etc. All of the livestock has been in two holdings tanks waiting. I'm not happy with the way the sump is set up. I set it up the way the previous owner had but something is amiss.

I would really appreciate it if any of you experienced reefers could take a look at it and give me some suggestions for improving the operation of the protein skimmer and the sump in general. I do not have any experience with this equipment. I am reluctant to move the livestock into the tank before I'm happy the sump is operating efficiently. I'm in the west end of town - 5 minutes from Westhills. Willing to provide some compensation to an experienced individual. Sooner is better! Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Can you post some pics and your specific concerns? I am a plumber so I may be able to point out/solve some possible mechanical issues but that'll cost $100 an hour. Just kidding, lol.