Fairy Shrimp Vs Brine Shrimp

I'm just wondering why baby brine shrimp seems to be the usual choice over fairy shrimp. I've never hatched out fairy shrimp or collected them, but from what I am reading they are fresh water, easier to hatch out than brine, easy to propagate (continuous supply). They can get quite large relative to brine shrimp but they hatch out at 3mm (which I beleive is 30 microns) and small enough for anything. Brine shrimp aren't difficult to hatch but require salt, you can't propagate them (not easily anyways) and expensive. I've got my brine shrimp but I am wanting to have food supplies that can be self sustaining ( like daphnia). Anyone have any ideas/thoughts?

It looks like I messed the size up and can't seem to find the reference for the size of a baby fairy shrimp, but they are small enough to feed to kiilifish and betta fry.

I believe 3 mm is 3000 microns. There are a few people on AA that gather them in the spring for their fish. As long as they come from a clean source, they are awesome.