6 Week Update

Raven

Had a bit of a disaster happen. After fishing the one fry out i had been watching for others to show up in there, but i hadn't realized they could get trapped under the plastic that would of held filter media. Lost 4 of them when i did a deep clean instead of a water change and discovered them :( 2 left now. They are getting real big almost 2 cm or more. And having learned my lesson i bought a new filter for the fry tank so i don't need to worry about things. Its going to replace the old empty filter i've been using to air-rate the water, and the submersible 3G filter.

On a plus side, i had one of my guppies give birth. 15 wee ones or so that have been hanging in a 4 inch fish net in the parent tank. Working on transferring them to the fry tank with a new breeding net ( still holding the sick tiger bard in the other, plus i think the one none pregnant female is sick, she's gotten really skinny) to protect them from the older cichlid fry since they are smaller them when i first saw the cichlid fry. also going to put more substrate in the tank, it's been pretty bare with just a bit of gravel to anchor some Java moss.

Also there seems to be a lot of brownish slim on things in the tank, is it harmful? I try to rub and clean most of it out regularly but i want to make sure it's harm less.

No pics this time, will work on it later :)