Yellow Eggs?

Hippoherder

I have been breeding 2 different types of Rainbows P. Gertrudes and M. Praecox. They are both in the same tank. Up until now the eggs I have been picking off the mops have all been clear. Recently, I have been picking some yellow eggs off. They seem viable. Could it be the gerttrude eggs? Up until 2 weeks ago they were in a planted tank and i was just seeing a few hatchout fry everyday. They were relocated to the same tank with the Praecox a couple weeks ago- no plants, just spawning mops. Could it be a water condition thing? Any ideas?

Praecox eggs are clear. I have no idea what color gertrudae eggs are though. If they are viable eggs you should know soon enough, if they hatch.

Do a google on the gertrudae, there should be information if the eggs are yellow. Failing that being available, seperate the gertrudae in to their own tank and see if they continue to lay yellow eggs?

Grats on them spawning if they are!

Edited by DanGofCalgary

To distinguish between Praecox Eggs and P. Gertrudes, the Gertrudes eggs will be a noticeable amount larger than the Praecox eggs.

As far as coloration of the eggs goes I am unsure. Are the eggs still opaque, or are they more solid in color?

Edited by Jayba