Marineland Double Bright Led Lighting System

riverpirate

Well just picked this up. Was running double t5ho lights before and was getting algae issues in a 30 gal. Was using c02 adn think I needed to get my ferts into check. But decided to buy this and give it a go. Has anyone had any experience growing plants in their tanks with these. Just trurned it on and Im kind of having my doubts.

Thanks, Just wondering if im just wasting some money here.

I know Marineland has come out with a LED system for planted tanks. It has a built in timer with a combination of 1W 6500k lights and 3W RGB lights. I haven't seen any in Edmonton yet but Big Al's says he has ordered some in. He also has some Aquatic Life LED lights that he says aren't too bad for planted tanks.

I just returned the thing. Thanks for the info. Ill just stay with my t5ho and try and get my ferts in check.

That light was poorly designed. Had the lunar lighting, but it was all on one power supply. So you had to manually turn it on. No timer action to switch between night and day.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...