New 20G Tall-Advice, Hints Please

Okotoks

So i just planted Tennelus and Rotala Walachii in a 20g tall that I have had cycling for 3 weeks. Substrate is 3-4cm of fluval flora. Using an 18" flora glo bulb for lighting. Also have CO2 injection. Livestock includes 4 snails, 20 cherry red shrimp and 7 feeder minnows. So far the minnows havent bothered the shrimp.

The tank sits in my computer room which gets a ton of natural sunlight in the afternoon and evening. Will this natural sunlight improve plant growth or stunt it? I am pretty sure that algae is going to love the sunlight. I will post pics once the wife gets home with the iPhone.

Plants dig sunlight. Natural sunlight will bring improved plant growth. You should do well.

In a artificially lit tank, the lighting intensity drops way off toward the bottom portion. A sunlit tank is illuminated with equal intensity from top to bottom.

Keep the CO2 in the green. Because the spectrum is warmer- sunlight is deceptively bright.

If youre going to have all of this intense lighting, make sure you have your ferts non limiting or you will certainly get algae in no time. EI dose and plant heavy!