Food For Black Ruby Barb Fry

Znaika

baby brine shrimp,buy some eggs from a fish store and hatch them in brackish water in a 2l bottle with a air pump.

I suggest trying to find 90% hatch rate or better if you can.

If you think raising the bbs is too hard,contact FairDeal in Calgary he can sell you some golden pearls

It's a powder food designed specifically for fry.

Another route you can do is buy a $8 coffee grinder from Walmart and make a mix of all your fish foods and grind them into a powder.

Either way be prepared to do some extra water changes,I found feeding fry powders makes your tank dirty quick.

Edited by Sprucegruve

Thanks! I was actually going to do it, but I assumed (maybe wrongly) that for first few days the BRB fry will need something smaller. How do I know what the BBS hatch rate is? Is it on the packaging? Are you sure that baby brine shrimp is not too large for the newly hatched fry?

Hatch rate for bbs is on the package.

The first day or two,the fry won't need food,they will be absorbing their egg sac.

After they absorbed their egg sac,you could try powder or golden pearls.

I have no experience with barbs,but my apistogramma fry could eat the bbs no problem after they got rid of their egg sac