Pvc Air System Looking For Advice

Tigs

Hi there, I'm debating going over to a pvc system for my air supply to my tanks. In total I'll have 20 or so tanks from 2.5G to 20G (4eac 2.5/5, 7-10G, 5-20G)

and am seeking a neater method of getting the air to each tank. My understanding is that with the pvc setup, especially if installing in a loop, I should have less issues with having to adjust air pressure at each individual outlet in order for the others to work well etc.

From what I've read and seen posted, a 3/4" pvc system should work well. Only major problems facing me now are where to source out the materials.

PVC is easy enough.

How do I adapt from my existing air pump (coralife sl-65) which I believe has a 3/8" fitting (right now it has a 4 way gang valve screwed directly to it) to supply the

pvc system.

2nd where do I get good quality brass valve that I can tap/mount on the pvc system?

Also worth mentioning is that the coralife pump is VERY loud, so I'm looking at a way of mounting it in the garage and running an airline into the house that hooks up to the pvc system.

thanks, and please feel free to suggest changes as this will be my first time trying this.

Antonio

I use PVC. You can simply make your loop, put a T where you want your main line to come in. Place an inspection cap there. Drill and tap a barbed hose connector into the inspection cap and attach your hose from the pump.

Mine is in the garage as well. I would use PVC pipe but I would probably go 1 inch or larger. The larger the pipe the less fluctuation you will have in the air pressure, As a kind of reservoir tank for the pump. You can purchase single air manifolds with a threaded end from Aquarium Central in Edmonton or other fish room supply stores online. Simply drill a small hole and you can thread the manifolds in by hand into the PVC. Everything else you can get at Rona.

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/air-supplies/nickel-plated-single-lever-valve-pvc.html

Edited by Jayba

Very cool. I may look at doing something similar... Jayba, is there any place in Calgary for the treaded manifolds?

To be honest, I haven't looked. I would think somebody has to have them I would think.

yeah I'm seriously considering that ;) Any suggested brand name for said pump? I'd not pickup another coralife due to the noise.

So run 2 pumps into the pvc setup, have a bled off valve somewhere, preferably in the garage :)