Kh And Water Hardness?

Larsen611

Are you measuring your KH right now? Are you adding or dosing anything? Just wondering why you're worried about your KH being too high. If you're measuring it and you think its too high,then simple water changes without adding anything else will do the trick. For a simple fish only tank, you really don't have to bother too much, but when you step up into reefing, it's a whole different story. I said it myself when I first started, "no I don't want any SPS". Now I'm addicted. You'll need a reliable way of delivering Alk, Ca and Mg into the water (doser for example). That's only the beginning.Dedicated water changes, sampling, testing and the cost of buying quality salt, chemicals, test kits and the doser itself...are you ready for this?

• 1 month later...

Im ready, have everything needed. My Kh is great right now, same with all my chem tests, Im addicted now, cant stop! I devote all my time to this, my friend even brought all her corals over to my tank because she cant even keep a bubble coral lol. Its ALOT of work but its def paying off.