Corydora Growth?

flash_oesc

Which store did you buy the fish from? I originally bought 4 cories, 2 died within 3 weeks. Refunded with another two, one of which died in 3 days. Each time i buy the cories i don't check them till i get home and under the light of my aquarium they have minor to extreme fin and whisker damage which in some cases is already infected. I'm assuming they are all coming from the same breeder or store as mine were also sterbai corys as in your case.

I have a picture below of the one just after placing him in the tank. (sorry for the sideways picture) Notice the fin is surrounded by the same white fluff.

8ye5wMJ.jpg

Edited by IronChefItaly

As an addition to my above post I haven't had any other fish casualties other than these corries. I test my water regularly and have brought samples into the pet store upon refund and its always 100%

I bought mine from Petland on Calgary Trail and they normally have healthy fish. If you decide to use salt i'd reccommend 1/4th of whatever the dosage is. If you decide to medicate them i HIGHLY reccommend doing so in an isolated tank / closure where your healthy fish won't be stressed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to forward this along to the store...see what they say. I treated the tank for fungus, I used API liquid fungus cure (turned my tank a wicked green). Anyways. Today, I notice that another Cory has the same growth as the first one, right beside his eye. It's like a mirror image. Treated the tank again, same meds. If history repeats itself, I'll be down 4 of the 6 cories. The angelfish I mentioned earlier is at least eating a little bit.

Timeline:

Sept 1 - Bought fish and added to QT tank (with established filter from disease free tank)

Sept 2 - First cory with fungus near eye.

Sept 2 - Added almond leaves

Sept 3 - Dead cory

Sept 4 - Dead cory (no sign of illness)

Sept 5 - Third cory has a degenerating tail.

Sept 7 - Dose 1 of API liquid fungus cure

Sept 9 - Dose 2

Sept 11 - 25% PWC and add carbon

Sept 17 -Cory with fungus near eye

Sept 17 -Treated with API liquid fungus cure

Sept 17 -Forwarded thread to store.

I felt I should give an update. So the store got back to me the same day. They admitted to having an issue with the Sterbai that they found out about after I bought mine. They said it was bacterial, and they were treating with kanaplex - which stopped the fish deaths. They offered to replace all 6 cories (even though two were still living). I had my choice of waiting for the sterbai to clear QT or grabbing something else. I had a short window with a friend in Edmonton, so I elected for something else. I was going to grab 6 Julii, but they sold most of them. I ended up with 3 Julii and 3 Venezuala's. All 8 school and frolic together, it's great. The angels are both eating, and the apistos seem to be doing just fine. I finished off my second dose of liquid fungus cure (which apparently wasn't treating the cause, just a symptom). Did a WC, added carbon and ran it a couple days. Did another WC tonight and dosed Kanaplex. I'm going to dose the three times, every two days in case my original sterbai were infected. Losing 4 of 6 says the odds weren't good. So. So far, so good on the replacements!