Pundamilia Nyererei

mmccue

I have a couple females and a male of these guys but the 2 females are totally different one seems to be looking sick or something I am not sure what could be wrong with her. Any help would be beneficial. This is a picture of the 2 females together.

post-6641-0-70694700-1413402015_thumb.jpg

Edited by mmccue

The one looks emaciated. There are many reasons why she could be looking like that. Is she eating? Is she happy? Is she harassed by anyone? Where did you get her. Is she scratching? I would put money on a parasite if she is happy and eating. I run all my fish bought from stores through a heavy med list as farmed fish are notorious for parasites. I medicate more delicate wild caught fish as wasting is common in angels and apistogrammas. I'd start with meds that won't cause stress and deal with protozoan and worms and flukes like Praziquantel. It doesn't need to be injesued. It's absorbed through the skin and gills. Of she is eating metronidazole soaked food as well. But once they get as thin as your female it's touch and go.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Edited by Jayba

Ya she has died. I had her isolated and couldn't get her to eat much not much I could do . There was no harassment from other fish was happy but slowly deteriorated. Looked for itch but didnt see anything weird. Just wouldnt eat must of been somethign internally wrong with her. Came from Fairdeal and he has offered a replacement which is great. Bought lots of others from him and they are all doing great too.