Hello :)

cherrysbaby2000

Hi, Guess I will start with , Im Cheryl-Ann and I live in Moose Jaw SK . I have been keeping African and South American Cichlids for about 2 1/2 years now. How I got started was pretty simple, I was left a 90 gallon tank by a friend who had been staying at my place but couldnt afford to help with living expenses.. The tank and filter was the best they could do. So, after looking at this tank for a few months and not having a clue what to do with it, I thought what the heck, I will wing it lol.

I started out with some gold fish that spent the summers in my land lords pond. They did well but of course went back to the pond.. So I went for a stroll threw my local fish store and picked out a couple bright yellow fishies (of course I know they are electric yellow labs now) and proceeded to set up a nice tank. That was going on 3 yrs , and 19 tanks ago. I now have 1- 185 gallon, 2-120 gallon , 3-100 gallon , 2-90 gallon 3-55 gallon and many smaller breeding and grow out tanks.

I have had my fair share of disasters, some small and some huge (had the entire bottom blow out of a 100 gallon peacock tank, lots of fish lost, some pretty good electrical zaps and a ton of water to clean up)

So, I have arrived here , a new group with , I am sure to find a pile of great advice, as you can never learn too much. Thank you for accepting me and Im looking forward to reading and sharing in posts with you all.

Thanks again

Cheryl-Ann