Let's play CLUE!

Piranha Man

Is it my 4" Rapheal catfish in the conservatory with the wrench?

Or my 9 Blackskirt tetra's in the ballroom with the candlestick?

Could it be my four 2" Cherry barbs in the hallway with the revolver?

What about my two 1" Tiger barbs in the study with the rope?

Is it my four Zebra danio's in the kitchen with the knife?

Would my two guppies kill in the library with the lead pipe?

Please help me solve my mystery. I've had about 30 small neon's disappear since I put them in there two months ago.

Need to know. Starting new tank this weekend.

Very unlikely it's the catfish or danios.

Both the black skirts and tiger barbs are likely. Given that you have a large group of black skirts they are probably beating on each other most of the time. I'd bet on the tiger barbs.

Are (were) those the neons you traded for a while ago at Riverfront Pat? Always nice to see the fish go to a good home. :lol:

I'm lookin at adding more blackskirts and ordering lots of Cardinals, only full grown. Would this be ok? Tiger barbs aren't that big... maybe an inch? I'm used to dealing with BIG predators. Maybe they're getting sucked into the filter but I have extensions added on with screen around to prevent little guys getting sucked to or in the filter. I never have noticed any dead neons just the cloud has shrunk...

?

Edited by Piranha Man

Those neons should be able to avoid the filter. If you want to even things out get the tiger barb group to 5 or 7, they'll be less likey to go after other fish that way. We have some little ones right now.

We're getting a whole bunch of Cardinals Tuesday.

My name is Aaron, I'll be around for a couple hours around lunch time tommorow but I'll be gone for the weekend. Wayne or Frank will be able to sort you out if I miss you.