Which skimmer would be best?

I just picked up a super 3000 so I could move my bakpak dual over to my big tank. I was looking at a remora but I went with the super because it was shorter, I have a low tank so the bakpak didn't fit very well and the remora would have been the same problem.

I've only had it going 2 days but that's enough time for me to second Albert's finicky comment, although it's not too bad. I have it on a 15 so I'm thinking about a floatswitch, I don't want half the tank on the floor.

One thing I didn't consider, and this might be an issue for you as well if you use it hob, is that the Rio 1100 and the bubble trap take up a HUGE ammount of space in the tank. I had to move everything around and it's just a big fat eyesore.

Does pull a lot more gunk than the bakpak though, I noticed a difference right away. It's a lot cheaper than the Remora too.

I'm not sure I made the right call on ths one, maybe I'll be able to offer you a good used deal soon :)