Trouble in Paradise...or is it ?

Garhan

About a week to 10 days ago my Geophaugus juliensis dung another 5 " pitt in the 150 gallon, made a huge mess with plant and substrate matter complete blocking off my trickle filter prefilters and primary sponges :o and laid eggs again. Up rooted several well established 24" sword plants and cryts that have been in place for 1 year....rrrrr :cry: . So thinking that the predators would be having a feast soon after the eggs hatch, all would be ok. :beer: They hatched 3 days ago and guess what ? There are still about 500 fry in the community tank :angry: full of 8 Adult angels, 2 discus 5" 3 African Bubble Bee cats at 6 " each a half dozen other GJ and 4 Geophagus brasliensis.

Man I am surprized how well these two parents protect there young in this enviornment. :boxer: So today I syphoned off about 400 fry and the hose took a beating with my hand. :bang1: Complete with tooth marks on my hand of course.

I left about 50 fry :thumbs: with parents just to make them feel a job was well done. If some of those fry make it then great if not back to my original thinking :shifty: ...smorgasborg in South America.. :smokey:

Garhan

post-45-1136869734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garhan