HAD cloudy water!!

cgmac

Just thought I would post a message about my first experience with cloudy water.

I removed a couple of plants from my tank about two weeks ago. I was able to clean up the tank nicely after removing the plants, but didn't have time to go searching for replacements for them. A couple of days turned into a couple of weeks ...... then I noticed the water going cloudy !!!! ARRRGGGGHHHH !!! Last night I did a 50% water change and it did not help, even using my Magnum 250 with the micron filter ( I use it after every water change to polish the water and remove any suspended particles).

Tonight I used the Magnum with diatom powder, and after the process of getting the powder into the filter, I switched it over to my tank and turned it on. I made sure it was running nicely and then had to leave the room to do something for my daughter. When I came back about 15 minutes later, the water clarity was much improved. It is now crystal clear!! It is nice to see it like this after having cloudy water for a few days.

I keep checking this part of the forum for new posts and haven't seen one for a few days. So, thought I'd babble about my tank struggles. When I first started out, I would read in forums about other hobbyists problems and thought to myself...."That won't happen to me!!"....but guess what?? I seem to be facing alot of the same struggles.

G'night folks!!