HELP... please!!!

easyrider

Update ... still losing fish. Ended up losing the trigger and lionfish.

Did a 50% water change and checked all my levels( before the waterchange) and everything was fine.

So i added 4 green chromis and a damsel on sunday. Today 2 chromis are dead and the damsel is on the way.

I don't know what to do ( the crabs are still kickin'). could it maybe be some frozen food? should i do a 100% water change ?

please help this is very frustrating..... Harley

Same symptoms as before?

Heavy breathing? listless? Signs of external parasites?

If you just lost fish, its usually a bad idea to just throw more in when you dont know what the first ones died of.

Possibly a bacterial infection, if not something alot nastier.

Thanx Josh.......

1. heavy breathing; yes. Right before they died usually.

2. parasites ; i think so. I have a couple pics of the trigger on a previous thread. glazed eyes, and a white sort of spotty haze covering the body. also wicked fin rot.

Not sure what you mean by listless.

kindin leanin' towards something bad; this is a new one for me.

As far as the new fish are concerned just through in cheap chromis to see it was a major prob, or if it was isolated to the trigger and lion.

the mystery continues ..........

Edited by easyrider

If its just the external symptoms, move them to a hospital tank (bare bottom, few pieces of pvc, 20g or so to keep costs of meds down). Double doses of Maracyn-2 for 4-5 days, no feedings, no water changes. Online ordering is cheaper than local.

I had something very similar run through my QT tanks a couple weeks ago after bringing in half a dozen fish in from between vancouver and calgary. Only thing to survive was a dragon wrasse and that was after a formalin dip and maracyn-2 following. But if the infection is bad enough in the gills the formalin will kill them just as well.

If that doesnt work, let the tank sit empty for a month or more, big water change, and try again.

Im not too well versed with marine illness, so i hope somebody else would chime in with this.