Live sand where to get it?

Marella

Fellow Saltwater enthusiast in your town should be able to give you a bit of sand from an established aquarium (Say 2lbs), in exchange for 2 pounds of dry sand... (That way they don't lose any sand, and you can get live sand) Then mix it in with a bunch of pounds of dry sand, such as ones that you see on jl Aquatics and that (The fine sand made for saltwater tanks). I did that with a fellow reefer in Calgary, and now my tank is looking great. I've even gave a bit of it away when I had too much so that someone else could start up some live sand.

Some people think that this method doesn't work... Im not one of em :)

If ya have trouble finding someone to donate sand, feel free to stop by and grab some from me... Its best however to have the tank running with just LR for a couple weeks if its not cured, so the dead stuff falls onto a glass bottom making it easy to evacuate it out (Siphon does the trick)... You don't really wanna mix all that dead crap with your sand.. will make it look ugly IMO