New Reef Tank Pics

Here's some new pics of my 20 gal reef. It's been running for about 2 months now but I've made some changes since the last time I posted pics. I'm also starting to figure out my new digi cam so the pics are of much better quality.

ftank.jpg

Here's a closer picture of the right side where you can see my new critter. try and guess which one!

rightside.jpg

That's right., a teardrop maxima clam! Here's a closeup only slightly ruined by a hermit crab.

clam.jpg

You can't see it really well in the pics but it's got some really neat fluorescent green highlights along the edge of it's mantle.

Here is my new favorite coral. I got about 8 polyps from the Frag Factory some time ago, they always looked nice but since I got them settled in the new tank and under the T5s they are amazing.

greenskirtzoa.jpg

I'm quite happy with that pic, my HS photography course is starting to come back to me. Only thing I'm frustrated with now is getting a decent balance in my cam settings. As you can see the zoas look great but that brown clump behind them is actually bright metallic green star polyps. For some reason I just can't capture that phosphorescent green colour yet.

Couple more interesting pics.

Here's a cropped pic of my clownfish

clownfish.jpg

Not the best pic but you can see the deep colour he is starting to develop. I am pretty convinced this is because he's been eating only NLS for 6 months now. IME deep colour gradients like that is rare in captive clowns.

Here's a teaser pic of the anemone I picked up on Wednesday. It's still settling in and only comes a little bit when the lights are off. I ambushed it to grab this pic

bubbletip.jpg

I really hope it picks a spot that doesn't face the back of the tank eventually.