Raising Blackworms

I read an article that said to just stick them in a container with paper towel and 2 fish pellets (though it didn't specify how many blackworms you should add) and the population should double in about a month. So I put in an algae wafer and a carnivor pellet because I don't know what they're supposed to eat.

Does anyone else raise their own blackworms that could give me a little more guidance?

NO! Do NOT use paper towel!

I got a culture and I split them up. Half into a little tank with just a little bit of gravel on the bottom, and half into a little tank with brown paper towel. Both tanks had an airstone added that was lowered just a little under the surface.

It is very easy to collect the worms from the gravel tank. Sometimes just a water change will make them come out and they form a ball. Very easy to suck up with a turkey baster.

HOWEVER, try getting them out of the paper towel! The paper towel disintegrates into a rotting mess and the worms are intwined in this junk. You can't even strain them out because the worms are small enough that they get tangled up in the strainer. If the paper towel can't pass through the strainer, the worms won't either. (The paper fibres/chunks are the same size as the worms.)

Just use a little gravel. That's ALL!