tank space to fill...

Paul & Lana

It's been a bad week for fish here...

I currently have a 5 gallon tank that needs a resident as my son's beta died. Also have a 15 gallon with a few guppies and a dwarf frog, all of which have homes waiting if I need them to go to make room.

In the 90 gallon, we have plecos, red tail sharks, angels, yoyo loaches, tiger barbs, bleeding heart tetras, electric yellow males, zebra danios and a crayfish.

I would like to add some more color to the big tank if possible. Not sure what to do with the 15 gallon - plants and some puffers? We're planning on a big salt tank for next year but I've tossed around the idea of a small salt in the 15, depending on cost to set up and so on.

Suggestions? I'd love some direction on what to do...

Thanks!

Lana

The first thing I'd suggest is a more narrow focus for the 90G. You've got a few disasters waiting to happen there with varying aggression levels, nippy barbs with Angels, etc. Many of the fish in the tank of completely opposite environmental requirements as well. Do you know what species of Crayfish you have?

I would research each fish, note their requirements and temperments, then separate them accordingly. You could make the 15G a community tank and remove the community fish from the 90G, then decide which group of suitable tankmates you'd like to keep in the 90G and take it from there. Once everyone is organized, you can focus on what other fish are suitable for the same environment as the fish you chose to keep. :)