dang day it seems. Just one more step in the completion of the

fish room! :D Hey, this means I don't have to buy that bottled

drinking water any more either! woohoo!

I've also decided to stock them, so if you are

looking for one, I can get you a good deal- better than any store in

town!. Coralife Pure-flo, 50 gallons per day output, can get the 2

or 3 canister units. I just about had a heartattack when I saw

similar units in home depot for $400, and they were only rated

for 10 gallons per day :boxed: PM me if interested.

I bought My 6 stage with DI that does 90 GPD" would do more but My pressure is horrible, can hardly use My waterchanger". for $135.00 incl delivery. Buying the filters by the box is an awesome savings too. Check this link out. Mine is 3 years old now but I bought one two months ago for a friend. Remember to add trace elements or You'll have nothing but jelly fish.aqua safe I have ordered 7 units from these guys, great service and awesome to deal with....allow 3-5 days for delivery right to Your door. Sorry A1 but You should carry these, they are built amazingly and they also have a system back flush for extended life on the filters.

Edited by Oxquo

I bought My 6 stage with DI that does 90 GPD" would do more but My pressure is horrible, can hardly use My waterchanger". for $135.00 incl delivery. Buying the filters by the box is an awesome savings too. Check this link out. Mine is 3 years old now but I bought one two months ago for a friend. Remember to add trace elements or You'll have nothing but jelly fish.aqua safe I have ordered 7 units from these guys, great service and awesome to deal with....allow 3-5 days for delivery right to Your door. Sorry A1 but You should carry these, they are built amazingly and they also have a system back flush for extended life on the filters.

I had a look at them, and problems like warranty/service came up. Unless there is

a dealer up here, you have to send the whole works back to them at your expense.

I got the Coralife, because its very well known, dealers all over the place so service

as well. Coralife has been around forever it seems, couldn't much background on

the other guys. Glad I don't have to pay for shipping every time I need a cartridge

too.

Warranty? I just phone Ed and He sends it, no cost. There are few things that can go wrong with an RO unit. Blowing a seal, every new filter comes with a seal so no re-using. Of the 7 systems I've purchased I have only had one part missing which was sent out on two day rush. For most aquarium uses DI is unecessary but I use it on My drinking water anyways. Coconut filters are way more efficient than paper as well which many companies carry. Also make sure the filters are a standard fit, people who move to the middle of Saskatchewan will be screwed trying to find special filters, Aquasafe uses a fit that takes even under the sink filter if one should need a quick fix.You can also buy the Maximus Which comes with extra filters, DI for DI units, TDS meter and PSI meter this is the works for $199.50 USD

6 stage RO with DI

21 pack of replacement filters

PSI meter

TDS meter

4 bags of replacement DI beads

All fittings and tap

4.4 gallon storage tank

Easy flush flow restrictor

Good to 99.9% removal

There is really no reason to send a unit back and as for parts, just phone Ed, he says nothing is ever 100%. If You can find the problem, he'll replace it, if You do it 10 times in a row, he'll get suspicious. The price is almost the same as coralife if You go with the smaller 100 GPD 6 stage unit with DI but no tank for $96.00 CAD. How big is the tank with the coralife? Does it have an easy flush flow restrictor? that once a week flush is a huge benefit. Once You see how Your DI beads go black and dead looking, You are happy You have them to pulverize Your excess crud. I would contact him anyways and talk to Ed, no one else. He is hilarious and a super guy. Like I said little can go wrong with an RO unit. They take 20 minutes to hook up and even though he says they almost always leak a little at first till You tighten them up bit By bit, I have had only one drip after installing it and a touch with the wrench fixed it. I have two tanks now as well so I take the extra one camping, can't beat that. My first RO unit was a $1200.00 3 stage culligan junker. A pretty tower and green blinky light with their pro install. The green light meant water was good, after a year the light was still green, but I opened it up anyways to find that the wrapper was on the carbon. Yep, carbon was brand new. The other cartridges though cost more than the whole Aquasafe system.

Edited by Oxquo

Really good prices for those ro units. The only thing Id change is the membranes to Dow Filmtec which they dont seem to carry unfortunately.

RO units are not rocket science. The important things in a unit is the membrane and the fittings and thats how I decide to buy my ro. I dont like 'brand' name units and stay away from 'cheap' parts. Any units/parts stocked locally is a ripoff unfortunately. Not sure why you can buy it so much cheaper in the US. Locally a 75gpd Filmtec membrane would cost me $120. Compare that to $45US! Crazy! I wont even mention sediment filters.

Are those fittings John Guest fittings? Hard to see from the pics and couldnt find a description for it.

The customer service end may not be as rosy they always want you to believe but I guess everyone can fall short of perfection! lol

http://www.simplydiscus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53073

Edited by ronrca