Never kept salt...

FishGeek

Some of the guys at work have talked me into keeping salt after I move. I've decided on which tank I'm going to use, it's 72" long x 12" wide x 24" tall. I have a Coral Life 48" 2x65watt 50/50 and a 24" 65 50/50 both compact flourescents. I don't want to keep fish, salt fish don't do it for me. I want soft corals/inverts. What kinds of soft coral can i support with these lights? Halides are not an option because frankly, I'm cheap, and the tank is only 12" so not alot of room.

Yeah with a 24" deep tank I don't think the PC are going to cut it unless you place it up real high on the rocks, and if you have a grand to throw down on buying that much rock just buy metal halides and use less rocks....or go with a shorter tank

I grew all kinds of softies and some LPS under a 65W PC in a 15" high tank still the LPS had to be high and it really never grew it just maintained life and I had to change bulbs every 6 months to accomplish that.

So in say that if your gonna jump in do it with both feet and get a good light system from the get go :D