red poo/white poo

murmade

hey I just finished clearing up a batch of ich, by raising the temp to 86deg. and added salt for two weeks.

During this time my oscar only showed one spot, but my green terror had quite a few. she has since cleared up. But since the first spots showed up she's stopped eating! all spots are gone for 5 days now and I'm lowering the temp. however she has tried eating a little but when she pooped it was white and stringy,(it hung out for hours at a time).

Today there was a very long red poo floating when i got home. it looked like an organ(like intestines) it was translucent red with what looked like a whitish core, and was about 1.5 inches long. Other than not really eating she is acting fine. maybe not quite as active though.

water

ammo 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 80

temp 84 slowly on its way back to 78

ph 8.0

I know the nitrates are high, during the temp treatment my live plant died.so I'm doing water changes every other day to get it back.

Is this an internal parasite?

What are possible treatments?

Melafix or pimafix?

Can I avoid treating my whole tank?

or should I to Make sure My O is OK?

Thanks everybody in advance!

Oh and by the way my tank is a 90 with 2 hob and a small canister.

i've recently battled an internal parasite infection and i was stuck myself.

didn't want to treat the tank water with metronidazole. but after researching 'many' sources, realized the fish could continue to refuse food until the absolute end.

so after two and a half weeks without food, i bought gel tek for internal parasites and vowed to give it five days before proceeding with a whole tank dosage.

it worked great ime. definitely an option

i've recently battled an internal parasite infection and i was stuck myself.

didn't want to treat the tank water with metronidazole. but after researching 'many' sources, realized the fish could continue to refuse food until the absolute end.

so after two and a half weeks without food, i bought gel tek for internal parasites and vowed to give it five days before proceeding with a whole tank dosage.

it worked great ime. definitely an option

If you have a hospital tank, use metro at 400mg/10G. Raising temp is also good, salt and clean water is a must. If still eating, use food with metro in it. You can make your own as well by using tetrabits (or similar food) and making a paste with hot water, adding gelatin and metro (1g metro/4oz food). Use a swallow pan and throw it in the fridge until it hardens. Then cut into small cubes and put it in the freezer. Feed only medicated food for 3-5 days. I just went thru the same problem and my discus are doing great.

I have also heard good things regarding Gel Tek however have not tried it yet. Next time perhaps!