Questions on fish compatability

Picasso Trigger

ok well i really needyour guy's help i've been looking for help everywere ok my ideal stocking list for my 90 gallon tank is

1-yellow tang (non-negotiable as he is aalredy in the tank)

1-Picasso Triggerfish (non-negotiable as i have wanted one for my entire life)

1-Dragon wrasse

1-Dwarf lionfish or Fu manchu lionfish

I really need to know if this will work and sugestions as to how i could make it better it has 12.5 pounds of liverock in it and all conditions are stable.

and if possible i would like a price range in Canadian Dollars and although im sure i would love to drive all the way down to calgary to get a fish if possible try to keep the lookout in edmonton

post-1109-1164759150_thumb.jpg

post-1109-1164759190_thumb.jpg

post-1109-1164759225_thumb.jpg

post-1109-1164759277_thumb.jpg

Price-wise, you are likely looking at (partly dependant on size):

1-Picasso Triggerfish $45-$75

1-Dragon wrasse $25-$40

1-Dwarf lionfish or Fu manchu lionfish $20-$45

I have not tried to keep a picasso trigger with any of these fish, but it would be the one fish that may end up incompatible with everything else.

Fu's are horrible to get to eat frozen foods in captivity, and can be difficult to even get on live food. I'd also be extremely worried about the trigger, and possibly the wrasse, harrasing the Fu. Plus with them being high speed fish, you'll have to spot feed the lion.

If you must have a lion, imho look at dwarf fuzzies. I found them to take food much more readily than Fu's. Though i'd suggest going either with the lion, or the trigger, and not mixing the two together. I've kept a couple fuzzies, and i wouldnt even try a Fu in anything but a species tank, but thats just me.

The tang, trigger, and wrasse would make a nice, active, low maintenance feeding group.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had my Yellow Tang , Regal Tang, and Picasso together in the same tank (50g quarantine) and I have never had a problem at all. My Regal and Picasso swim together all the time. I would however in any case, take caution and keep an eye on your fish. First sign of abuse...remove the instigator or aggressive fish!