Another Winnipeger....

homebrewed

Hey everyone.

I keep all sorts of fun stuff from cichlids, to koi, to odd ball goodies.

I'm mainly focussing on Polypterus Sp.'s right now and am in the midst of breeding some senegals and trying to take a stab at breeding delhezi.

I'm also stalking Toirtis across the internet.... :ph43r:

Cheers :beer:

Tim

Welcome to AltaAqua. Tim ... Good luck on tracking down Mr."T". He seems to "slither away at a monets notice". LOL..J>K.

Breeding senegals: quite a challenge :wub: You will have to keep members informed.

Has the pond froozen over yet ?

Smokey

B)

Breeding senegals: quite a challenge  :wub: You will have to keep members informed.

Has the pond froozen over yet ?

Smokey

B)

I got some eggs about a week or so ago which got a case of fungus. I've seen them courting for ages, so I'm guessing its a matter of time before I got some more... if I haven't already (7 bichirs in that tank sometimes with full bellies)

As for the pond, its about 3" thick right now. I had to chisel my pond filter out 2 weeks ago :(

Luckily I have this one to enjoy year round

indoor.jpg

... right. Anyways, tell me how to succeed in hatching polypterus eggs! :)

Not terribly difficult (I am not sure why you got fungus on yours), but the trick is clean water, a little bit of marine salt, and keep tham at about 82ºF....worked for all of mine so far(now I am hoping it will work with palmas polli and delhezi).

• 2 weeks later...