pleco Q:

P@UL

i got a new pleco maybe 2 weeks ago because my old one went crazy possibly from a parasite i was told i had it almost 5 months it didnt seem to grow at all my new pleco is a tiger pleco i think do different species grow faster? becauze it only about 2'' long and its a bit small for my tank. i havent had algea problems at all thankfully acually ive never acually seen any in my tank cept on the glass covering the lite. just wonderin if anyone could give me a bit more info on plecos

post-1584-1172273374_thumb.gif

Plecos can vary in size from 2" full grown to 2' full grown depending on the type.

Check this site out for info on them

http://www.planetcatfish.com/core/

Another site you might find of interest is www.plecofanatics.com

Sorry I don't know how to do the link thing where you just click on the words, so you'll have to type it in.

I find this site more user friendly than planetcatfish, but they are both very good.

Tiger as in King Tiger L66/L333?

'Plecos' do grow at different rates, typically larger species grow faster.

If it is a King Tiger, its not going to help you out much in the algae department. They're carnivorous. Although they'll nibble zucchini skin for amusement.