CalvusQuestion

BoedenAlfonso

I have just recently purchased some calvus and since then have lost 4 of them from ddoing water changes iknow the first time was a result from a drastic temp change I wasn't paying a attention to the temperature and lost two of them.but the second time took a pale of water put the thermometer in there and then when it looked about right i pured it in then i lost two more. Now i dont want to do anymore water changes because i dont want to lose any fish but i know I'm going to have to sooner or later so i was just wondering if i am doing anything wrong???

But i do have an idea, I was thinking of filling some fish bags with the replacement water letting it sit in the aquarium for an hour or so before puting the new water in, do think that might help.

anyone have any idea about this all help is appreciated

If all your water parameters and water changes are up to snuff, then the temp. change, like you surmised, is most likely your culprit. Try gently lowering a pail of fresh water into the tank, and slowly dribbling the water in. Try pouring the water without causing a ripple. Wait 5-10 minutes before adding the next pail. The other option is to float the pail of fresh water for an hour or so before adding it slowly and gently to the tank; though this way, it will take you forever to do a water change with a larger volume of water.

Your fry/juvies will toughen up over the next few months, and then you can proceed with routine water changes.