W/C Maylandia Mbenjii Spawn...

malawi_luver

It was breath taking having to see these fish spawn like this it was awesome...

Ok shes got a pretty big mouthful what should i do?

Put her in the 20 long... or leave her in the community tank(shes pretty beaten) i think the 20 long would be best shes pretty big maybe 3 inches and i want this to work out...

Sorry no pics till i put her in the 20 long...

My female seen here

http://www.malawimayhem.com/profile_show.php?id=325

PM me if youd like to reserve a couple only in the edmonton area...

Its a merry christmas from my fish... :thumbs:

I usually wait 2 weeks before moving my holding females to the fry tank. I like to wait and make sure they are going to hold and not swallow the eggs. I"ve had a few females swallow(especially new moms) after the first week and its easier to just leave them in the main tank then to catch them, move them, then have to put them back after they swallow.

But if she is getting beat up i would move her now to her own tank. You dont' want her getting injured and getting stressed.

COngrats on the spawn. Has she produced fry before or is this the first time?

I prefer to let my females hold to term. I've only stripped once and they were already 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't suggest using an egg tumbler unless there is a specific reason you need to. You shouldnt' really even need to strip her unless there is a problem.

Since this is the females first time i would leave her in the tank for a while. The first few times my females bred they usually would eat the eggs within a few days. Its like they need a few practice rounds before they hold to term.I would only move her if she is getting beat up or seems stressed. Otherwise i would wait untill she is around 2 weeks and you are sure she hasn't eaten them.

Is this your first time dealing with a holding female? Or is it jsut the first time with this perticular female?

Nope third or fouth actually... i have 2 female w/c holding now since last night... horny little bugger...

i am moving them into the fry tank with other F2 maylandia estherae blue/red do you think shell get beaten up or kill them? the fry are leaving on the 20th... and shell be all by herself...

Hopefully shell hold full term... :thumbs:

Itll be my christmas present and the male is about 5 inches and very very show worthy...