Ammonia Poisoning with no Ammonia???

NatureNut

ARGH!!! I did a water change yesterday in my 33g and my 2g that's at home. Now I have my zebra danio swimming at the top like he's constantly after air, he's pale in the front and red around the gills. Sounds like ammonia poisoning, but it tests at 0, as do nitrites and nitrates are close to 0 as well. I dechlorinated the water before I added it, and have a call in to our water treatment plant asking if they added anything besides chlorine (haven't heard back yet). I have ottos and swordtails and a lone emperor in there who are all just fine and ate normally etc. The Betta who had his water changed is fine too.

ANY ideas? Only place I could move him to is in with the betta, for now, and I'm not sure how that would help. :(

The temperature is still 76F, I have 2 filters running (AC 200 and a submersible Fluval that I can never remember the number on). I didn't change my filter media at WC because I'd changed 1/2 in the AC a few days before when I took out some floss for cycling the new tanks.

Oh yes, and I know the test kits are working b/c I'm cycling 2 other tanks and ammonia, nitrites and nitrates all register. (anticipating this question next :))

Well he was dead by the time I got upstairs from posting this, so no chance to QT him. I looked him over quite carefully. He had a few red areas on his abdomen as well as by the gills. He was literally fine yesterday... I was admiring him. Today gone. Not sure what to say. I hope it isn't something that's infecting all the fish. I'm keeping a close eye on everyone, though. Yes, it was the same tank that I lost the Emperors from. :( There's plenty o' plants in there. Moderately planted. I wish I'd thought to take pictures of him before I flushed... if anything else goes I'll get pics for sure. Thanks for all the ideas... all ideas and thoughts are always appreciated.

Ugh... just read up a bit more on gill flukes. Red skin fits with that. If it was that, are all my other fish now at risk? Any suggestions for how to erradicate it? None of the Emperors who died showed any of these signs, though.... just this one danio.