65g planted tank

Thanks for the comments everyone :) This has been a bit of a learning exercise for me as I go along, but I'm having fun with it. I can't wait to see the plants start to grow and fill in. I need to learn about CO2 and fertilization next I suppose, but I guess one step at a time for now. :blush:

Looks good what do u have for fish in there

It started off as just a larger home for my 2 clown loaches who were living in a 30g. As I got into the planning of it I thought I really wanted to go for live plants, so I'm giving it a try. I just hope that the loaches don't prove to be incompatible to a planted tank, because then I'll be faced with making a new home for them and I really want to keep this as a planted tank because I'm liking it too much! :)

Currently, the fish list is a Farlowella cat, 3 SAE's, 5 Ameca splendens (3 adults, 2 babies), an otocat, 2 clown loaches, and a hillstream loach.

I have one fish left in the 30g tank that this 65g tank is replacing and that is a female BNP. She is a little large compared to these fishes so I'm not sure if I want to be moving her into this tank or not as it might throw off the balance or something, I'm not sure.

Coming from SW, where I find a tank with 4 fish can be "crowded", to me this tank almost looks like it's totally overcrowded as it is. But I would like to get some rainbows or rasboras just to have a splash of schooling colour of some kind. My wife would like some mollies or swordtails because she has a coworker who has some and she likes the look of them. Sooo .. I'm not sure where it will go, we're "negotiating". She too thinks I might have already overstocked the tank, although with the sump and bioballs I think it has the capacity, so long as the fish choices are those that can get along with each other. I tested last night for nitrates and phosphates, there are zero nitrates but the phosphates are 0.13ppm (which actually sort of surprised me, I'm not sure what's up with that. I'm just using tapwater and it tests at 0.05 so I guess that's probably where it's coming from, I just thought that the plants might consume it. I have some more reading and learning to do to figure it all out I guess.)

Edited by delphinus