help me find a pump

cichlidkid

its a GEN-X/MAK-4 Water Pump does any 1 know if it is any good? it sounds like excactly the thing I would need because it is low wattage and pumps 1100 gph at 4 virtical feet.

I would use this for a sump return and then a home made internal pipe filter for polishing and then an aqua clear 500

for heating I will use a 250 watt ebo in the sump. That is what the cichlid scene uses on thier 300 gallon so it should be good enough right?

please help I really need ideas.

My experience with them is that they are an Ebay special. They are cheap, noisy and generally crappy. They are rated pretty high for what they actually push.

I actually ended up using it for water changes as they run so hot I was afraid to have them sitting under the tank.

Spend a bit of extra money and get a Danner, or if you would like an inline go for a little giant.

You'll find with Danner (MagDrive 9.5 and higher) that there is quite a vibrational hum. If you have them sitting on the bottom of the sump, place it on a thin piece of styro or neoprene. The cheapest source for neoprene is the typical mouse pad. Just peel off the printed fabric. I've used one under a clients Mag 18 for that past 3 years w/o problems. Personally I wouldn't trust one used in-line. I've had 4 blow-outs/leaks using them in-line.

In-line pumps you get what you pay for. Personally I'd get an Iwaki if noise is an issue. Very quiet and little heat output. Next is Little Giant, little noisier. As rudy mentioned what you see on Ebay is crap. They don't tell you who or where the moter assembly is made by/from. If memory serves me right, the E.Eng that developed Iwaki left to form his own company (Gen-X). If you do want to get Gen-X, make sure that the motor is Japanese made.

JM2C

Wilson

but wattage is a really big issue. Heat and cost are next and noize is in last. but I dont want it to be THAT noisy, about the same as 2 eliet 802 air pumps

look at this dolphin pump

im a bit confused it says in draws only 25 watts and then says it is one hundred-some watts.

Also I checked and the mag drive 12 is 110 watts. and I thought 90 was a bit excessive. Sorry but that is out of the question.

The guy is misinformed, or it is a typo.

The largest of our DP Series pumps at this time (2000 & 3000 GPH Unit Available Soon) is the DP 1200. This pump generates excellent flow & pressure. More than our Silent Sea 1200 in both flow & cut off, but not in price. Max Flow = 20.2 GPM, Max Pressure = 19.75', Max Watts = 140. This pump also features a balanced ceramic shaft, Single Piece Coated impeller, 15' grounded cord & more. 1" Hose barb or FPT inlet & a 3/4" Hose barb or 1/2" FPT outlet. Max Dimensions: L =  9", W = 6", H = 7.75". Two Year Warranty with a two year factory service guarantee.

uhg :angry:

isnt there any pump that will do at least 110 that will only pump 4 feet up and is less than 90 watts ?¿?¿?¿?¿