AC 200 leak

NatureNut

I did some slightly overdue water changes on all my tanks yesterday. When I woke up this morning I noticed that my 33g wasn't completely full, and when I walked up to it found the floor covered in water. Luckily only about a gallon hit my laminate floor, and there's just a slight bit of water damage to a couple of the boards. However, I found that it was caused by the AC filter I have on it. It was slowly dripping from where the motor attaches to the casing. I couldn't identify exactly where the water was coming out, but the attachment seemed VERY slightly untwisted, if that makes sense, after I took it off. I'm not sure if it was like that before I took it off, though, or if it happened when I removed the filter... I didn't remove the filter from the tank when I did water changes, just changed media, so it seemed odd to me that it could have been bumped loose, but I suppose it might have been.

The water was running down the cord, which is good because A, I had a drip loop and B I didn't have any water on my stand/under the tank etc, so cleanup was relatively easy.

Any thoughts? I supposed I'll run it for awhile on a bucket in a sink or something to test it, but since I had a few minutes here I figured I'd ask anyhow. :)

It could be the rubber o-ring that is gone. you can get new ones at some of the retail stores or you can take the old o-ring to Ackland Granger and get another one the same size (including thickness) for less than a $ 1 each. (Buy two or three they are cheap at that price).

Thanks for the solutions! I'll check the o ring carefully and give it a good clean.