Irridescent shark

I just got an irridescent shark from someone who sold their tank, and the new owner didn't want him.

He's a big boy, no less than 8 inches long, and nice and fat.

He was previously living with a GIGANTIC fancy goldfish (big as a football, I kid you not), some smaller sharks, some tetras, ropefish and plecos. (quite the mishmash of tankmates)

I don't have my big tank set up yet, would he be ok with my cichlids for a day or so? The biggest cichlid I have is an electric blue ahli, and he's about 2/3 the sharks size.

Even if he's tormented by the cichlids, he's plenty big enough to take care of himself, and if he annikilates some cichlids, so be it. Life with cichlids has to be better than life in a big bucket.

Irridescent sharks are really skittish. It won't hurt the cichlids unless it runs into one in a blind panic. They do however have a tendency to hurt themselves. I had 3 of them which by the way it is said seldom exceed 8 inches, the smallest was 10" then 12" then the tank busting 18" one that broke a number of 1/4" glass lids and finaly cracked the end of my 96 gallon tank. I was constantly treating them for smashed faces. So that being said if a cichlid nips at it it may panic and hurt it self.

Hope this helps.