Python Water Changing System

Blue Ram

I had to replace my kitchen faucet last night. I was able to attach the python (with the adapter) to this faucet by removing the washer and screwing on the white adapter and then the python housing. The adapter I have will not work on this new faucet. Before I start to panic that I have 5 large tanks to change water on (including two discus tanks) without a python, can anyone tell me if the python will only work on certain types of faucets? Will it work on a bathroom faucet?? Are there other adapters I can get?? Where would be the best place to go for this type of equipment?? My plumber will kill me if I ask him to take out this faucet and replace it with one the adapter works on. Help!!

I had to replace my kitchen faucet last night. I was able to attach the python (with the adapter) to this faucet by removing the washer and screwing on the white adapter and then the python housing. The adapter I have will not work on this new faucet. Before I start to panic that I have 5 large tanks to change water on (including two discus tanks) without a python, can anyone tell me if the python will only work on certain types of faucets? Will it work on a bathroom faucet?? Are there other adapters I can get?? Where would be the best place to go for this type of equipment?? My plumber will kill me if I ask him to take out this faucet and replace it with one the adapter works on. Help!!

I have no problem with my bathroom faucet. It is a run of the mill single handle faucet.

Yes, the threads on the Python (where the faucet adapter screws into the green plastic at the top, above the hose connection) is standard garden hose thread, so any adapter you can find at Canadian Tire, RONA, Home Depot or at last resort, your plumber should be able to help.

I cannot use my bathroom tap as it is too low to the bottom of the sink to get the python in there. Of course, you have a third option... take a look at your bathtub taps, as well. or if your house is set up for it - a wash basin in the laundry room would work if you tee off the washing machine connections and it reaches.

Oh, and for an extension (should you need a few extra feet) check out RV water hose at Rona, etc. It is drinking water safe, and doesn't get the 'hose smell' that garden hose does. It's also about 1/3 of the price of a 25 foot extension from Python. I replace mine once a year (the extension) as I cannot see what is in it, and for the $12 it costs, it's cheap peace of mind.

Oh, and for an extension (should you need a few extra feet) check out RV water hose at Rona, etc. It is drinking water safe, and doesn't get the 'hose smell' that garden hose does. It's also about 1/3 of the price of a 25 foot extension from Python. I replace mine once a year (the extension) as I cannot see what is in it, and for the $12 it costs, it's cheap peace of mind.

That is good to know (I know a number of people that need at least 100'), thanks.