EHEIM 2213 classic filter

Qattarra

(1) Make sure the cannister and tubes are empty.

(2) Put the intake tube into the water and suck on the out take. That will create a siphon and start filling the canister.

(3) Once it has filled put the out take into the tank and plug it in.

(4) Shake the cannister every couple of seconds untill all the air has escaped it.

Your done.

How I prime my classics when they are "dry lined" from cleaning etc etc or new.

Setup all lines as per normal but not connect the filter yet..

Fill cannister (half full will work nicely) itself with tank water or pre-preped/declorinated water (make sure the in/out valves are off)

Connect the intake to the tank (lower line on the unit)

Open valves and blow into the output line, this will force the water in the bottom of the cannister up the intake line and thus the air out.

Watch the air bubbles coming out of the intake and once all air is out shut off the valves while still holding presure on the out line

Connect the output as normal and open all valves. gravity will do the rest, then turn on the unit.

No mouth fuls of water or stale cannister air to worry about.

Thank you both very much. I am thoroughly enjoying having this baby. I own a few fluvals and HOBs. This unit puts them all to shame. I can't hear it at all. It is running very well. I think I'm going to hunt down more deals on Eheims .

:D Sue

• 8 months later...

Nandopsis - I bought an almost new Eheim Pro 2224 tonight, after I connect the pipes correctly (previous owner couldn't get it to work right...had the intake and outlet mixed up it seems - the owner just wanted it gone since he'd sold all his tanks and fish, neither of us knew the hoses were put togther wrong until I found the manual on-line a few minutes ago....arrrrg.... suddenly, a miracle, your method worked flawlessly...

Thank you all for your posting of this problem, it sure solved mine!

Hal

Edited by Northranger

Yeah, I have had my eheim for years and I have to say, I love their filters. I never thought of that method zoban, thanks for that. I think I was sick and tired from sucking it all the time. Not only that, mine is a 2250, so it takes so much sucking. I will for sure try your method next time. Yes eheims are very quiet, that's one thing I love about them.