I had babies

stribbelldk

I thought my Red Zebra was holding about 3 weeks ago but I wasn"t sure. (new to the breeding thing). Then about 1 week ago I saw something that looked like an eyeball.

So I tore down half my rocks in the tank and caught her today. I don"t have a fry tank and the better half said no to a second tank. So I had to get a floating fry/ hospital/ grow out net.

As soon as I put her in there with some low lying plastic plants, she spit two babies but looks like she is holding more.

I will try to get some pics tomorrow. Hopefully she spits more??!!

If anyone has some ideas to better the chances of survival that are cheap and doesn't include more tanks, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks to Harold for selling my such beautiful fish. :thumbs:

Derek :drunk:

I use the net kind that hangs on side of the tank,I stripped my red zebra and put 53 in it(her biggest batchyet).I like them because they use same water, Just be careful when doing water changes,I have 2 of these net kinds, they hold more babies and don't escape.I usually put plants in(real/plastic)and use magnetic glass cleaner to hold away from side,other fish get stuck.Bn plecos are great for keeping net clean as well.Those last few are always a bugger to get out ,Good Luck

[There most be 20 -25 fry. Is that normal for her first time??

Thats really good for first,and they usually have lrger batches from now on,that 53 was her 3rd batch.Good luck and have fun w/new babies.Another sugg.you could try a netted tank divider,haven't tried one myself yet. Edited by Brenda4